Monday, October 11, 2010

October 11.2010

Woohoo!!!  18 1/2 miles on Saturday!  I was so excited.  A good friend, Marie, walked the first 10 1/2 miles with me.  It is amazing how much faster the time goes when you have someone to talk with along the way. To my surprise, I felt good.  Good enough to come home, walk with Amber (my dog), eat dinner, shower and go to church.  I have to admit that I was concerned that I would not be able to get out of bed Sunday morning.  Actually, felt good Sunday morning.  All the working out has definitely made the difference.  God is good.

One week from today and we will be walking from the Long Beach VA to Newport Beach.  The time has gone by so fast.  So many people have helped with this effort.  I always said that my goal was to create awareness of the Memorial and of disasbled veterans.  THAT HAS HAPPENED!!!  So many more people know about the Memorial and disabled veterans now. 

Thank you for your interest and encouragement.  Counting down the days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment