Saturday, October 23, 2010

DAY SIX - SAN DIEGO VA !!!

Amazing day!  Started in Del Mar this morning and we were joined by my son Matthew and daughter-in-law Christy and good friends Debbie, Blake, Jen, Tom and Amber.  The day was perfect.  Cloudy and cool.  The route was through Del Mar, Torrey Pines and on into La Jolla and the San Diego VA Medical Center.  As we walked along, Kenna, Matt, Hunter and Jared (my daughter, son-in-law and two grandsons) also joined us.  What a great group!  Donna and I were excited and made very good time. 

 We were surprised to find quite a few people at the VA to greet us with applause, balloons, lunch and hugs.  My sincere thanks to the San Diego VA and DAV - CA and DAV San Diego Service office for their support and hard work on behalf of the Walking for Those Who Can't group.

It is hard to believe that the Walk is over.  The week went by fast, even though some of the days were challenging.   My goal was to create awareness of disabled veterans and the Memorial they deserve.  My goal was reached many times over.    I can never thank all of you enough.  This has been an uplifting and emotional journey.  Personally, my walk followed in Gods footsteps and there was not a better place to be.  May God bless and keep each and every one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment