Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday October 15, 2010

TWO MORE DAYS!!!  The last day of training was this morning and I can't believe it.  My trainer, Devrick, said that I am as ready as I will ever be.  More than anything else, I feel so blessed to have this opportunity to share this journey with so many wonderful people.  As I have said before, my goal was to create awareness of the Memorial and disabled veterans.  Right now, that goal has been met more than I ever thought possible.  And, we haven't even started the walk!! 

It has been an emotional day for me.  My amazing son-in-law Matt called this morning and told me that a local TV station plans to be at the Long Beach VA on Monday morning for the send off.  He had emailed several TV stations and one of them responded.  They had already received the press releases, but his email put the final plan into action!  I was in the Costco parking lot and was jumping up and down realizing that someone might have thought I had lost it.  Well, I had!!  My thoughts immediately turned to Kenny and how much I wished he were here to join us on this journey.  I can just hear him laughing and saying, "Diane, go for it!!!"  He will be with us all the way.

Spoke with a wonderful man in Florida this morning, Lyle.  Last night he made a request for his DAV Chapter to donate $2000.00 to the Memorial in the name of the walk.  To his great delight, they voted to do just that!  He is the Chaplain for that Chapter and we talked for a while.  He told me as we were saying goodbye, "Diane, walk in Gods footsteps."  That is just what I plan to do.

So, as you can see, I am excited and emotional tonight.  God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment