Sunday, October 24, 2010

THE DAY AFTER!!!

Here I am at home and wondering why I am not walking to San Diego!!  Donna and I were together all last week and I certainly do miss her.  We shared so many family stories.  It was my great joy to get to know her better.

As I reflect on this whole journey, I am struck by the generosity and caring that so many people showed us.  I know I cannot name everyone, so I will not try, but please know all of you who worked on this endeavor with us will never be forgotten.  This experience will stay with me for the rest of my life and encourage me to continue to fight for disabled veterans and for the memorial they so deserve. 

The media coverage has been wonderful and included ABC Channel 7 in Los Angeles, The San Diego Tribune, ABC Channel 10 in San Diego and XETV Bay City Television in San Diego (interview tomorrow morning).  My thanks to all who gave their time and energies from these news agencies.

I guess what I want everyone to remember that reads this last blog is that our nation's disabled veterans deserve our respect and support.  They have given their "normal" life for that of a disabled veteran.  These men and women wake up every morning with some type of a disability and continue to be good citizens of our country.  You may not see their disability, but that does not mean they are not in pain.  Many are visibly disabled, as Kenny was, and that is hard to live with, but they do live with it and make important contributions to our lives.  Please remember they fought for our rights.  They fought for our right to get up every morning and live free.  We will never forget.  I will never forget and I will never stop fighting for the honor and respect they deserve.

Thank you, all of you, for the love and support you have given all of us during this incredible journey.  To my family, you are amazing and I love all of you so much.  Your love and support carried me through.  As always, I will continue to walk in God's footsteps.  God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment