Sunday, October 17, 2010

IT IS HERE!!!

In the morning we will all gather at the Long Beach VA Medical Center about 7:30 a.m. and by 8:00 a.m. take off.  The "Walking for Those Who Can't" officially begins.  I find it hard to believe that we will finally be walking to the San Diego VA.  So much time and energy has gone into this effort by so many people. 

I am feeling good.  Hopefully, I will be able to sleep tonight.  It is hard to put into words how I am feeling right now.  A little nervous and a lot excited.  So many friends have sent good wishes and several have mentioned how Kenny would be proud.  His heart and soul went into this Memorial and to think that this walk may play a small part in making it a reality is overwhelming. 

To every disabled veteran - I want you to know that this is for YOU!  You deserve all the gratitude and honor that we, as a nation, can muster.  Thank you for your service. 

I will be calling Kenna along the way and she will update this blog.  To my amazing family - Thank you and Mom/Grandma loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment