Friday, October 1, 2010

October 1, 2010

What a GREAT DAY!  Worked out this morning and then walked 13 1/2 miles.  My feet don't hurt and I can still walk!  Things are looking good.

Found out yesterday that the send off at the Long Beach VA Medical Center is going to be a festive occasion.  The medical center and the DAV-CA (organized by Mike Burns) are joining together to send all walkers off in grand style.  There will be refreshments, a balloon arch to walk through and several brochures and flyer's about the Memorial and the Commemorative Coin.   After talking to  Jim Galliher (DAV National Service Office Supervisor - S.D.) it seems that the arrival at the San Diego VA Medical Center is also going to be quite an event. Refreshments and a great group of disabled veterans to welcome us to San Diego.  We are, of course, hoping to get some news coverage. That would be very exciting!  

My goal has been, and will always be, to create awareness for the Memorial and all disabled veterans.  The walk is coming up fast and even though I get nervous at times, I am confident that it will be an uplifting and emotional journey.  As much as I miss my guy, I know that Kenny will be walking right beside me all the way.  Life is good and I am so thankful to my amazing family, my steadfast friends and most of all to God for the opportunity to give just a little back.

Thanks for your encouragement!

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful news, Diane!! I only wish I could be there... But I am sure my parents will be!

    ReplyDelete